Before Dr. Yates gives you a PRP treatment, there are a few instructions that you should follow beforehand to make sure you are ready for treatment.
Before your PRP Treatment:
- Let Dr. Yates know if you take any blood thinners, such as Heparin, Plavix or Coumadin.
One Week before Treatment:
- You should not take any anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs), including Aspirin, for five days before your treatment and three days after treatment. This includes Advil, Bufferin, Excedrin, Alka-Seltzer, Nu-Prin, Motrin, and Ibuprofen. Ask Dr. Yates if you are unsure as to which medications to refrain from.
- Any other prescription medications should be taken as they were prescribed as usual before and after your treatments.
The Day of Treatment:
- You should eat a normal breakfast the day of treatment and you should drink 16 ounces of water at least two hours beforehand.
- The morning that you are getting your treatment, you should shower and wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo. Do not use any other styling products on your hair.
- It is not necessary to have sedation for treatment, but you can have one if you would prefer during your treatment. If you would like a sedative, you will need to arrange for someone to drive you home after treatment.