Dr. Yates, MD is the premier hair loss doctor and hair replacement surgeon for Midwest. We are passionate about hair restoration and truly believe it will make a significant impact on improving one’s appearance and self-confidence. Have a look at what others are saying.
We specialize in several hair restoration procedures and are dedicated to serving up the right method for your needs. We are committed to the best technologies, products, and methods to complete and assist your hair regrowth or hair replacement goals. Please have a look at our line of products to assist your hair regrowth goals.
Chicago Hair Restoration for Men and Women
Accomplished FUE and robotic surgeon – A True leader in hair restoration – Dr. Yates is one of the only surgeons in the US and internationally that truly specializes in every technique available for hair restoration. Yes, he can perform a strip or FUT procedure, but chooses not too – He only performs minimally invasive FUE hair transplants. Within the specialty of FUE, he is able to offer unique and custom treatments for each of his patients.
He utilizes the ARTAS robotic hair transplant system as well as several manual FUE techniques. He can perform FUE with the traditional shaved donor area but he also specializes in hair-sparing techniques that allow the FUE technique to be performed in and around the longer hair in the back and sides without shaving your head.
He also specializes in body hair transplants. If you have been told you are “tapped out” and no longer have enough donor hair for a hair transplant, do not despair. Dr. Yates successfully harvests hair from the nape of the neck, beard area, chest and back.
Yates Hair Science Group also offers scalp micro-pigmentation for people with limited donor hair, scarring or to augment closely cropped hair-styles.
- B.A. in Medical Science – Northwestern University, Illinois 1983
- M.D. Northwestern University Six-Year Honors Program in Medical Education – 1985
- Surgical Internship – Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC – 1986
- General Surgery residency – Howard University Hospital, Washington, DC – 1990
- Fellowship in Critical Care/Trauma – University of Maryland Hospital – 1991
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Diplomat of American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Society